Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No eating after 4 PM - Is it feasible?

For the past few days I've been trying out a new eating schedule so that I don't eat after 4 PM. Previously I was trying to limit my calories to 1500 daily, but was finding that mid-mornings and mid-afternoons I was getting sluggish and shaky.


Since ending my eating at 4, I have been eating more earlier in the day.  The plus has been a spike in energy during the day, no more sluggishness and shakiness, and (amazingly) more energy in the evening.  The negative has been that I am no longer able to eat when my family eats at dinner.


Has anyone else tried this kind of eating schedule? Has it worked on a long-term basis? What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear ideas! 

2 comments:

  1. Thats to funny Kimberly. I just started that schedule too. I have lost doing it. I have found that I have a small breakfast and a larger lunch around 1:30 or 2:00 before the kids get home. I too have felt better during the day and fine not eating in the evening. I have to say that I have been fixing things for dinner that I don't care for so much (poor family) so there isn't so much temptation. But if I do have to have something I have a tiny amount on a very small plate and eat very,very,VERY slowly with my very tiny spoon. I also choose only the protein dish not any of the breads or carbs. I also am feeling so much better in the morning.
    Good luck on your new schedule!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems very extreme to me. I think people need to figure out how to eat real food at real meal times and live in the real world. Extremes in any thing is not realistic to do for a long time. Let's face it, losing weight and maintaining weight loss is an on-going, life-long journey.

    ReplyDelete